New details on president's visit, and Zimpher on "streamlining" SUNY
- More details now available on the president's visit to Schenectady o Friday (via All Over Albany).
- The date for the second "New York Forum" - a gathering of big wigs in international business and government - has been set (via PR Newswire).
- Nazareth College outside Rochester is hosting talks on health care overhaul (via RocNow).
- Capital New York has released its latest mix tape to keep Albany-ites (and wannabes) busting it out at the gym (via Capital New York).
- Cornell has scheduled its "State of Upstate New York" conference, and the theme this year is "resiliency, partnerships and innovation" (via Cornell University)
- The Rochester Business Alliance has sent its list of recommended reforms to Albany (via Vote Up NY).
And here's the round-up of coverage of SUNY chancellor Nancy Zimpher's "state of SUNY" address today:
- Vote Up NY notes Zimpher is focusing on "streamlining" in advance of Cuomo's budget announcement.
- FOX 23 News in Albany has a good rundown of Zimpher's proposals.
- Wall Street Journal seizes on Zimpher's call to get more students graduating in four years, rather than five or more.
- Buffalo Business First points out that Zimpher's "revenue raising" suggestions were part of former Governor David Paterson's executive budget last year (as part of SUNY Empowerment), but got cut out of the final budget.
- And you can read a transcript of the speech here (h/t WRVO).
Want Innovation Trail Mix delivered fresh to your reader every day? Subscribe to the feed.