How the regional council award money adds up
Everyone's a winner.
That was the takeaway from Governor Cuomo's regional economic development council award ceremony this morning.
While everyone took home more than the expected $40 million, four regions took home more than $100 million each. The biggest winners were Central New York, Western New York, the North Country and Long Island.
Click through for a project-by-project breakdown of the $785 million that was awarded in Albany today.
Here's how each region fared.
The "Best Plan" winners are:
- Western New York - $100.3 million
- Central New York - $103.7 million
- North Country - $103.2 million
- Long Island - $101.6 million
The runners up are:
- Mohawk Valley - $60.2 million
- Capital Region - $62.7 million
- Mid-Hudson - $67 million
- Southern Tier - $49.4 million
- Finger Lakes - $68.8 million
- New York City - $66.2 million